Mossy Hill Hunting Club Rules
1. All members are required to be good sportsman. Any member violating CLUB and/or STATE GAME LAWS on club property are subject to a fine or dismissal from club without refund of dues.
2. All members must give name and show membership card when questioned by a fellow member.
3. All members are responsible to keep the club free of litter clean.
4. All gates must be CLOSED and LOCKED upon entering and leaving the hunting lease.
5. No grain of any type is allowed on lease from March 1st through the last day of Turkey season.
6. Member's immediate family is not requied to pay dues until the age 18. A family member in the military FULL time or FULL time college student does NOT have to pay dues untill the age 23.
7. Members can bring hunting guest up to the age of 16 provided that their hunter safty course has been complete.The guest must be in members presence at all times.THIS RULE APPLIES TO THE YOUTH HUNT AS WELL ONLY 16 AND UNDER CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE YOUTH HUNT.
8. No adult guest is allowed during daylight hunting hours.Members are allowed one adult guest with NO HUNTING TO KILL.Guest must ride in same vehicle as member.
9. All elected board members is for a 3 year term.
10. After good standing for 1 year,a member will be allowed to vote,hold office and/or nominate a new member.
11. All complaints Must be filed with board within 90 days of occurrence.
12. NO DESTROYING OR CUTTING OF ANY PINE TREESon hunting lease.
13. No alcohol allowed during daylight hunting hours.
14. Members who are remaining in the club for the following season required to pay 50% of club dues by Feb. 1st witch is NON REFUNDABLE. You may also pay full price at this time. Any member that does not pay 50% of club dues must pay NEW MEMBER DUES BY April 30th ALL MEMBERS MUST PAY IN PERSON TO FILL OUT MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT. OR YOU CAN GO TO www.mossyhillhuntingclub.com TO PRINT CONTRACT OUT AND MAIL WITH YOUR PAYMENT TO P.O BOX 21 PEARL RIVER LA. 70452 OR YOU MAY ALSO PAY ONLINE. IF YOU PAY ONLINE YOU MUST PRINT OUT CONTRACT AND FILL OUT AND SIGN IT AND EMAIL OR MAIL IT TO US.FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN YOUR PAYMENT BEING SENT BACK TO YOU. IF THIS WERE TO HAPPEN YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE BOARD FIRST AND YOU COULD LOSE YOUR SPOT IN LINE TO A PAYING MEMBER IF WE DON’T RECEIVE YOUR PAID MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION.
15. ALL members are required to make two work days per year one in June and one in Sept. or pay $100.00 fine per workday!!! If you are making up workdays the deadline to make up workdays will be 30 days after each workday has taken place or pay the $100.00 fine per workday missed. Members will be assigned a work foreman.The list will be posted at the clubhouse or online at www.mossyhillhuntingclub.com The Member MUST contact the work foreman if not able to make the original workday. If member does not make up the workdays the member will be sent an invoice by Dec.1st and will be due on Jan 1st. Or contacted by a board member or treasurer of the hunting club for the workday the member did not make up that we had in June and Sept.
16. All members must follow all state hunting laws each year. For the 2017-2018 season state law says one buck one Doe and one either. Club Members are allowed to kill one Doe one buck and one either ,which may be harvested according to Louisiana State Deer season.Bucks MUST BE 3 POINT ON ONE SIDE OR BETTER AND ALL DOES MUST BE 60 LBS OR GRATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17. Any Paying member that brings immediate family or guest is allowed five total deer of witch only two can be does.
18. No Does kills after Christmas
19. All members are required to log in all deer killed on lease at club house the day of kill NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!
20. If a member shoots a deer that is NOT 3 point on one side or better or a Doe that is less than 60LBS. Will pay a $100.00 fine NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!
21. The Mossy Hill Hunting Club calendar year will run from March 1st to March 1st
Note: Any new changes to rules will be highlighted in
Last updated: 5/12/17
1. All paying members are allowed 2 deer stands
2. Stands must be 400 yards from other members stands and cannot block a timber company Rd.
3.Existing members that have not paid their 50% commitment dues by Feb.1st are subject to forfeit their stand to a member that has paid their
4. All members who have paid their commitment dues may relocate their stand location starting the 1st Saturday in March at a "Stand meeting" at the club house at 6:30pm.Any controversy with more than one person wanting the same stand location will be decided with the member who has the most paid consecutive years in MOSSY HILL. After stand meeting on 1st Saturday of March,old member has until July 1st to relocate stand on 1st come basis.After July 1st NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO RELOCATE.
5. ALL NEW MEMBERS have from 2nd Sunday of March till the 1st Saturday of April to look for a stand location. On that 1st Saturday of April we will have a new member meeting to pick your stand locations depending on new member availability at that time so this meeting date is subject to change.If any date will change you will be contacted by the board.
6.Any member that gets out of the club has until March 1st to get stands off lease. Any member that gets out of the club and does not remove the property from club by March 1st There property becomes club property
7. All old members that are relocating stands have until July. 1st to move stands, feeder etc. from old spot they give up. After July. 1st the stands, feeders, etc. become club property. Any member that moves stands after Sept 1st from old spot that another member has took over. Will face action from the board.
8. No driving on lease from daylight till 8:30 a.m and from 5:00 pm till dark from October 1st until daylight saving time change,after time change no driving from 4:00 pm till dark until January 31st.
9.SHOOTING RANG HOURS ARE FROM 10:00 A.M TILL 3:00 P.M October 1st till January 31st. ANY MEMBER NOT FOLLOWING SHOOTING RANGE HOURS WILL FACE DISCIPLINARY ACTION FROM THE BOARD!!! Open anytime the rset of the year on a fist come basis
10. Before any member can mark on relocate any stand it must be approved by the Board.